Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Take a moment

I am grateful today to see the sun, notice my breath and feel my body.  I find myself realizing how I take for granted my health.  I have been blessed to live a very healthy life.

It has been a little over a week since my surgery, and my body is slowly discovering its new normal for now.  I know it will be back doing the things I love...drumming, spinning, dancing and taking walks on the beach when it tells me it is ready.

Yesterday I was thrown for a loop.  Nausea, dizziness, headache and vomiting.  I could not do anything...even lifting my head hurt.  How do people with chronic pain do it?  Unable to function the way you know your body once did.

So, today I ask that you take a moment and give thanks for your health, to your body and breath.  Listen to your bodies signals when it asks you to slow down, take a break, eat a cookie, take a walk...not because you have to or been told to, but because it is what you want and need.

We have been told our whole life to go, to achieve, to be better, to learn more, to do.   I AM TIRED.
I want to follow what lights me up, makes me laugh and smile, makes me feel alive.  Take breaks, enjoy family and friends, do work that makes a difference.

I am grateful today to see the sun, notice my breath, and feel my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Valentines gift to yourself of time and a wish for you…

I see the apple on the table, I hear my stomach growl, I start to calculate as the numbers tick away in my head...60+80=140+50=190+10+120= ...