Friday, January 9, 2015

Let's celebrate...and be OK with it!

How easy is it to step back into old habits...less than 24 hours ago, I posted a blog about accepting who I am.  Not just my physical body, but my mind, my thoughts, my talents...successes, and failures as well...all of me, I stand up and judge myself as not worthy...

Not worthy of praise or of accepting compliments...shrugging it off as if I don't deserve it, like I don't hear it  (there is an invisible shield around me, where compliments bounce off and away).  Or could it be that oddly enough I don't want the compliment?

Is it that we are afraid to be ourselves? What is going to happen if we speak up, or don't agree with someone else's opinion?  Are the OPINION POLICE going to come and arrest us?

I attended a workshop last July around money.  There was a "celebration" exercise we did that made an impression on me. Music is blaring...and energy is high...6 people, who don't know each other, huddle together like the Patriots do before a big play.

One person at a time blurts out one of thier successes...

-I graduated from college!
- I was born!
- I formed a company when I was 21!

It did not matter what anyone said....as soon as it was spoken the 6 of us celebrated as if we just won the lottery...or the Super Bowl...or got the lead in a movie co-starring Mathew McConaughey or maybe Morgan Freeman!

JUMPING UP AND DOWN, CLAPPING, YELLING, DANCING IN A CIRCLE...
WHOOO HOOO, WAY TO GO....YOU ROCK!

We don't ever take time to celebrate our victories...no matter how small...things like:

I helped make her smile today,  I moved my body today, I finished that book, cleaned that drawer...

I challenge you to celebrate today. ANYTHING! There are no rights or wrongs.   Jump up and down, dance, celebrate yourself.

This is not being conceited, self-centered or arrogant like our brains are programmed to tell us.

This is living the way we were born to live...in JOY, CELEBRATION AND HAPPINESS!

2 comments:

  1. Anne, this is beautiful. And YOU are beautiful!

    Big hug,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!! You are beyond amazing, Annie!

    ReplyDelete

A Valentines gift to yourself of time and a wish for you…

I see the apple on the table, I hear my stomach growl, I start to calculate as the numbers tick away in my head...60+80=140+50=190+10+120= ...