Friday, August 31, 2018

Death to Diets...once and for all!


You are Standing in line at the grocery check out.  

You have been having cravings for a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios...and as you wait, you glance to the left and see the magazines..."Lose 10 pounds in 5 days!"  one headline reads, right below it you see "Lose 4 sizes by Thanksgiving" and next to that?  "Flatten your abs in just 5 minutes a day!"

It is everywhere you turn!  You look at your stomach, reach for the magazine...and remember....after the last diet you tried, you gained back all the weight you lost, plus an extra 10 pounds...maybe this isn't the answer.  

As you pause you think about how going on a diet makes you feel...and the list starts...


YOU...
  1. Feel Deprived
  2. Feel Punished-Like you are not good enough  
  3. Feel Weak, Tired, Lethargic
  4. Are Overly Emotional 
  5. Are Short Tempered
  6. Feel Depressed
  7. Look more critically at yourself in the mirror (increased body checking)
  8. Are obsessive about exercise and calorie intake
  9. Withdraw from hanging out, talking or just being with friends
  10. Get Stressed out over being with family
  11. Isolate and withdraw

Do you realize you are not alone?  95% of dieters regain the weight anyway…  Time and time again.  I have myself....more times than fingers on my hands can count.  It is exhausting...

THIS time, as you reach for the magazine and the urge comes to go on a diet…
you pause and think: 

What if I decided NEVER TO GO ON A DIET AGAIN

What would that look like? Feel like?  

Take a look and I will share with you my list...
You Will.... 
  1. Feel Empowered!!!
  2. Move and exercise how and when  you want
  3. Have all the energy you need to do whatever you want to do 
  4. Allow you to enjoy all foods with friends, family or alone
  5. Not have to rely on comments from others
  6. Understand and Empathize with the struggles of others
  7. Release your own expectations of “fitting into the thin ideal”
  8. Be free from mirrors, scales, calories
  9. Feel free to where clothes that are comfortable 
  10. Gain Confidence in yourself
  11. Not stress over going to the beach, getting photographed or trying on clothes

As for me, I want to enjoy a glass of wine, an ice cream cone, and chocolate chip cookies...I want to move my body on my terms, respect and honor myself.  

YOU ARE WORTH IT.    

You deserve to feel empowered and strong and follow your own rules, your own standards and be OK with all of them…

The choice is up to you. 

Click here for more information and grab your free YOU ARE ENOUGH Finally Free Fit and Fabulous 5 step guide to peace with food, eating, weight and body image. 

You are worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Valentines gift to yourself of time and a wish for you…

I see the apple on the table, I hear my stomach growl, I start to calculate as the numbers tick away in my head...60+80=140+50=190+10+120= ...