Sunday, October 8, 2017

Shaping Your Perspective on Change

Shaping your Perspective on Change

I am ready…Things are not as they appear. Change is in the fall air again in my life and I find myself pausing…

I am determined to accept this change for what it is.  Knowing in my heart it is time to re-group and re-focus.  To roll with this change by understanding and feeling the emotions and noticing the thoughts and the feelings that go along with it, without judgement. 

I have not always handled change very well... 

My whole life has been wrapped up in the physical.  Gym was my favorite class in elementary school it was a place where I was comfortable and successful…for a while anyway…

But, as I moved from elementary school to high school though I encountered others who were much more skilled than I, and was forced into a “uniform” where my identity was thrown.  I now hated gym.  Hated my body, and was no longer comfortable in the only place where I felt confident.  A harsh change in my identity.  Who was I?  

It was here when I decided to take control of the one thing I knew how to...my body.  I would diet, exercise and isolate from others. I found control and comfort in my rules and rituals…Diet and exercise became my “go to” behavior.  I became very good at it too and because of this, I studied and spent over 30 years in what I thought was my life’s purpose; group exercise and fitness training. 

Change was in the fall air 2 years ago, when I decided to shift my vision, and I moved into a new amazing career working with women who struggle with their relationship with food, mind and/or body.  I thought I had found my dream job (as Program Director) at Green Mountain at Fox Run, only to realize…It was just a chapter in my story…

So here I am again, in the fall season, as the leaves turn bright red and orange, moving into a change in my life, moving into a new chapter.  

I am venturing into the arena of self-employment.  Counting on myself, and sharing my story.
From all the lessons I have learned, I am realizing that life is to be lived from the heart.  Passions are to be pursued, happiness is to be had.  Impact is to be made, knowledge is to be shared.   I no longer care about the outcome, I care about discovering, about new beginnings, about learning, even if I fail.  I am excited to try.

Enter this chapter, the one where our company Shaping Perspectives…A Woman’s Way to Joy! Has been formed. This is a place where there is support, care, knowledge, experience and coaching of women who are tired of fighting the war on weight, food and body.  If you would like to learn more or want to make a change, please check us out on our Facebook page or join us at one of our Women's Wellness Weekends...

I believe we move through life in a distinct order, at a precise time.  The people in our paths help support and guide us, and there are people who appear in our lives who we help and guide as well.  I recognize the changes I have made, the lessons I have learned and I feel love for my present chapter. 

Changes are a way of life, I wish you a smooth transition into your season of change.

Click here to pick up your free YOU ARE ENOUGH Finally, Free, Fit and Fabulous 5 step guide to peace with food, eating, weight and body image. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

A Valentines gift to yourself of time and a wish for you…

I see the apple on the table, I hear my stomach growl, I start to calculate as the numbers tick away in my head...60+80=140+50=190+10+120= ...