Saturday, December 27, 2014

Why write?

I'm awake.  It is 1:30 am.  A couple weeks ago I went to a writing workshop at kripalu with a woman named Nancy Aronie.  She was amazing....and the stories I heard were heart felt, warm, heart breaking, funny, courageous and strong.  I came away realizing that everyone has a story.

If we knew everyone else's story would we look at them differently? Would we treat them differently?

As I think back on the experiences of my life...I am grateful.  I have been blessed in many ways.  Many have not been as lucky.  I can learn something from everyone I meet.  We have all experienced pain,hurt, anger,fear and frustration.  Is it not these feelings and emotions that shape and mold us into who we are?

It is time for me to write my story...for me.  To find more of me.  Forgive myself for my mistakes...to learn and grow, to gain strength and courage through sharing my words...my thoughts...my feelings.

Learning to accept ourselves for who we are... Not who we think we should be.

How can I give back And make a difference in this world....unless I am willing to be all in.  Play with 100% and give my own perfect effort.  This is my game day, and I am ready to play ball.  I hope you come along as part of my team.

4 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to reading your story Annie. You have already made a difference in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tracey. I am so grateful to have gotten to know you this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Mo! Or could I... You are the one I have always looked up to.

    ReplyDelete

A Valentines gift to yourself of time and a wish for you…

I see the apple on the table, I hear my stomach growl, I start to calculate as the numbers tick away in my head...60+80=140+50=190+10+120= ...