Monday, April 16, 2018

I was walking the beach yesterday, and noticed the path of a snail, winding, circular, curious. It reminded me of my journey. Trying so hard to get somewhere only to wind up back where I started. Diet after diet, cleanse after cleanse, workout after workout.

I paused, at first saddened by that thought...of all that wasted time, yet, if it wasn’t for the journey, the “failures” the pain and exhaustion...I wouldn’t have found myself FINALLY here.

At peace with my body, free from the obsessive thoughts about calories, food and eating...

Mindfully stepping forward, noticing, tasting, feeling.

Moving towards the feelings of not being good enough with compassion.

Releasing the expectations of perfectionism and detaching from the outcome of my work...

Letting myself write my story, one word at a time, following my gut, trusting my instincts...

Laughter, joy, connection, forgiveness, sadness, loneliness, frustration, loss, regret....are all ok and expected to be interwoven in and our of our lives, no one can escape.  It is there to be fully experienced.


Keep moving forward, experience failure and success, and notice how we never get stuck forever in one place, even when we feel like we are going backwards, we are learning and growing stronger.

Step into your unique story...if you Are feeling stuck, reach out for help...there is hope for you find your way.  www.shapingperspectives.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Valentines gift to yourself of time and a wish for you…

I see the apple on the table, I hear my stomach growl, I start to calculate as the numbers tick away in my head...60+80=140+50=190+10+120= ...